Beloved Trinity is a layperson-led group within Holy Trinity Parish that seeks to live into our baptismal vows by engaging our church and community in better discerning the whole Body of Christ, particularly in our Christian response to systemic racism. Click here to read the latest newsletter and find out how to get involved!
We have two primary paths for this work:
- Formation: engaging in discussion, reading, and learning within our church to help us live more fully into our baptismal call as Christians.
- Activism: engaging with our community (neighborhood, city, state, and country) to advocate for justice and peace among all people.
Within activism, we have discerned three focus points at this time: demilitarizing the police, anti-lynching legislation, and voting rights.
As part of this work, we value:
- Measurable action, rooted in our faith
- A spirit of compassion, humility, and respect for the dignity of every human being
- Going beyond “polite Christianity” and building deep, formative, authentic community
About our name: We seek Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision of Beloved Community here at Holy Trinity; hence, Beloved Trinity.
Tags: Serve the Community