An Invitation – Vestry Vacancies
For the upcoming year, the Vestry has three vacant positions. We invite you to prayerfully consider this meaningful service to our parish.
Vestry members serve in many ways. According to the Canons of our faith, vestry members have the formal responsibility for temporal matters of the parish, such as: determining the allocation of our pledges to facilitate our ministries; compensating our clergy and staff; and maintaining our buildings. But vestry service is so much more than this.
The most important qualification is LOVE of our parish and a willingness to commit your time to the parish’s temporal matters.
Those eligible must . . .
- be 18 years and older
- sacramentally belong to the Episcopal Church and be a registered Holy Trinity member
- keep regular attendance at worship service
- have made and kept a pledge for the year preceding nomination and for each year on vestry
- let one year elapse since last serving on vestry
- attend regular vestry meetings on the third Tuesday of every month
- attend the annual vestry retreat January 29-30, 2022
- head a small committee
- help determine the use of a substantial bequest received in 2021
Please reach out to Father Greg, Dawn Diedrich, or Alana Booker—or to any vestry member—about serving! And we may be talking to you!
The election of our new vestry members will be at the Annual Meeting in January 2022. Our current vestry members are Dawn Diedrich, Marc Winn, Tomina Schwenke, Alana Booker, Anna Edwards, Jason Hingerton, and Jennifer Price.